Things I never expected to forget
I am feeling rather old and melancholy today. Here’s a list of things I have unexpectedly forgotten:
- The names of my elementary school teachers
- My first crush
- When I decided it was time settle for the life I have
- What it felt like to run as fast as I can
- What it felt like to be young enough to not know any better
- How to be earnest without feeling ashamed and guilty about it
- The sound of my father’s voice and laugh
If only I’d been a blogger in my youth, then I might remember all these things.
2 Responses to “Things I never expected to forget”
I can’t think of a single thing I’ve ever forgotten. Which is either good news or bad news.
Good news, then!